A beautiful, fire haired, human woman in her middle years. Small cuts and scars crisscross her hands and forearms.
- Basic Statistics
|M||35||Human||F||5’5"||135 Ib.||2; Hazel||Pony Tail, Red||Pale||Scars on Hands & Forearms||Artisan||Cartographer|
|Ability||Mod||HD: 1d6||HP: 07|
|Str: 12||+1||Prof. Bonus (+1)|
|Dex: 19||+4||AC: 10|
|Con: 12||+1||Inish: +4|
|Int: 19||+4||Speed: 30|
|Wis: 17||+3||Size M|
|Chr: 15||+2||Vision: N/A|
- Thieves Cant
- Dex +5
- Acrobatics (Dex): 10 = 2(4 + 1) [expertise]
- History (Int): 10 = 2(4 + 1) [expertise]
- Insight (Wis): 4 = 3 + 1
- Perception (Wis): 3 = 3
- Persuasion (Cha): 3 = 2 + 1
- Search (Int): 5 = 4 + 1
- Sleight of Hand (Dex): 5 = 4 + 1
- Stealth (Dex): 10 = 2(4 + 1) [expertise]
- Hand Crossbow
- L. Sword
- S. Sword
- Artisan (Artist)
- Artisan (Cartography)
- Human Versatility
|Dagger||+5||1d4+4||x2||20/60||P||light, finesse, thrown|
|Crossbow, light||+5||1d8+4||x3||80/320||P||ammo, loading|
|Crossbow, hand||+5||1d6+4||x2||30/120||P||light, ammo, loading|
|S. Bow||+5||1d6+4||x2||80/320||P||2hand, ammo|
|Blowgun||+4||1d1+4||x2||25/100||P||non-proficient .:.disadvantage, light, ammo, loading, special|
|Glasses w/ pearl chain||AC||N/A||N/A|
|Cloak or cape?||AC||N/A||N/A|
|something to prevent more cuts?||AC||N/A||N/A|
|Ring 1||AC Bonus||Weight||Special|
|Ring 2||AC Bonus||Weight||Special|
|Body||Type||AC Bonus||Max Dex||Check||Spell Fail||Speed||Weight||Special Properties|
- Disguise kit
- Healer kit
- Iron spikes (10) x2
- Mess kit
- Thieves’ tools (proficient)
- Navigator tools
- Artisan tools
- Pick, miner’s
- Fishing gear
- Grappling hook
- Lantern (bullseye)
- Magnifying glass
- Ball bearings (100)
- Flint and steel
- Ink pen
- Ink vial
- Rope (50’, hempen) x1
- Rope (50’, silk) x2
- Sacks x2
- Scale, merchant’s
- Sealing wax
- Sewing needle
- Signal whistle
- Torches x2
- Weapons and Ammo
- Arrows (quiver of 20) x1
- Blowgun needles (group of 50) x2
- Crossbow bolts (quiver of 20) x1
- Case (for map or scroll)
- Clothing change x1
- Flasks x3
- Gaming set
- Oil flasks x2
- Paper sheets x2
- Rations (1 day) x10
- Signet ring
- Vial (for ink or potions) x2
- Waterskins x1
- Background: (Specialty)
- Personality Trait
- Fast Talker
- To Acquire Sacred Objects, i.e. “This belongs in a museum!”
- Personality Trait
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?“Slip” Montana is what she goes by, Dr. Henrietta Jacqueline Jones. Slip is a name she gained in the profession, Montana is her old dog’s name.
GM? I go by "Slip Montana, but my given name is Dr. Henrietta Jacqueline Jones. Slip is a nickname my colleagues gave me when working on…something? , and we had a dog named Montana when I was a child?
2. Where and when were you born?
Continent of Aetra on the prime material plane of Aethgarria.
GM: I made up some names for the world thanks to you using Terra. No worries. I do have questions regarding area of origin.
Haven is a rural farming community, and the City-State of Dayluun has a huge university. From the rest of your answers you certainly have studied at the University of Dayluun, but were you born in Haven to parents who also studied there…and maybe were just preggers with you on one of their excursions out of Dayluun? Or were you born and raised in Dayluun and in Haven for other reasons? The Elf Wizard Carrick Homillion (Diamonddew) has a small public “school” in Haven where he teaches Arcana, History, and Alchemy. You can be working with him studying The Vale for a time. His wife is also a druid…aka botanist. They have a half elf daughter who is a wizard and druid cross. Or you could be coming to Haven because even though The Vale is secluded, and difficult to get to, they’re known across the continent of Aetra for having a huge solstice celebration every summer.
You can get to The Vale either from the south through a huge forest full of Woodsfolk either with or without a Smallfolk. There’s a caravan arriving on “Day 1” See: Timeline. You could also travel from Dayluun through The World Range and the Gorran Empire, which is predominantly Stonefolk, visit the capitol of R’Ahn’Gorran high in mountains of the northern Vale. The Ahl’Gorran river, that flows from the north of the continent through the World Range, and the lowest level of R’Ahn’Gorran, and then falls over 500 ft. into a huge, freshwater bay. To the west of the bay is the port town of Gorran’Dhaak. Mostly Gnomes. You can then take a boat downriver to Haven and see The Black Isle from the north, and the top of one of the towers of the ruined cathedral from the era of Loki III. Loki the Lightbringer. They say its haunted.
Since you traveled around a lot growing up, how many times have you been to The Vale over the course of your life? How long have you been in Haven this time around?
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Dr. Henry Jones: Historian & Professor, Strong personality, follower of Pelor, but tends to drone on during lectures.
Dr. Jacqueline “Jacky” Jones: Anthropologist & Archaeologist, Secular Humanist, knows the gods are there but doesn’t follow any, she’s more focused on relics and ancient civilizations.
GM: Are they still alive? Where? Also, Where are they from originally. There are rough maps up in the map section of both the Vale, and the world. I like the whole cartographer idea. I think coming through the twisting tunnels and caverns of the World Range, and the Gorran Empire would make you a tidy sum if it was mapped well, and would be right up your alley. Not to say you haven’t done it both ways.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Only child, parents too busy following their dreams.
GM: Did you have imaginary friends? Do you, perhaps, talk to yourself out loud as you think through things because you never, consistently, had someone to talk to?
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
Haven, I teach Antiquities…
GM: There is absolutely plenty for you to study in the Vale. Haven is secluded, and difficult to get to, but its actually fairly well educated. The Smallfolk are often nomadic, and travel in caravans…and ride raptors. Thats a thing in the Vale btw. And not just for the Smallfolk. There are both medium, and large sized raptors frequently used as mounts. Do you know how to ride, <cough>Indiana</cough> excuse me. =] Slip Montana, Treasure Hunter? Obviously, like Locke from FFVI, not a thief. ;] I put Whip? in your weapon prof. yes, no?
6. What is your occupation?
Professor of Archaeology and procurer of ancient and especially sacred relics.
GM: As I was saying <cough>Indiana</cough> excuse me…again…sorry. =] Slip Montana…do you need a whip?
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
Smallish human female with dark red hair, usually pulled into a ponytail, and cateye glasses over hazel eyes. Wears a lot of brown leather, boots, and working “carthart” type pants unless she’s at the University, then it’s well-cut tweed suits. Her hands and forearms are scarred with tiny cuts and scratches from adventuring.
GM: Are the slashes and scars from sword fighting? Anything else?
8. To which social class do you belong?
Upper-middle class, well educated, but enjoy getting hands into the dirt and dust of ancient places.
GM: This aspect fits in either. You could be related to one of the Five Families (filter the characters) … perhaps cousins of some description? Its not super common, but not unheard of for Haven families to send their brightest youngsters to Dayluun to study when they’re sixteen. Gabriella Silifrey is one such individual. She’s leaving with a second Smallfolk caravan heading south from Bydale, and out of the Vale, making a stop in Dayluun to drop her and her mother off at the university. With a recommendation from you? Perhaps that’s when you’re leaving Haven next to return to the school. Just after the Solstice…which also happens to be Gabriella’s birthday. Funny how coincidences pop up like that.
Carrick’s wife Elmindreda Diamonddew is from a mining community across the eastern river that boarders the Dayluun peninsula. There are two rivers that flow out of the World Range, and curve around to meet each other, and then flow south across the plains of southern Aetra before reaching the sea. The peninsula they partition off is known as the Dayluun peninsula. The City-State itself is built up against the largest mountain in the World Range…which all are pretty freakin tall…and only takes up a small portion of the square mileage of the peninsula itself, but within its semi-circular wall the city spans 100 sq. mi. The wall itself is so thick that an entire district of upscale homes, and shops follows along the inside edge a block deep, but up to three in some places…like the south. There is still multiple city blocks worth of open space along the outside edge to move war machines if necessary. So far it hasn’t been. No one wants to challenge walls that thick, and over ten stories tall.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
Phobia of spiders. Burn very easily in the sun due to pale skin, inherited from Dad, and staying inside or skulking around in old tombs.
GM: “staying inside or skulking around in old tombs.” Do you have an almost physical addiction to going and doing these things?
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
11. What does your voice sound like?
Strong voice, can carry well from teaching, upbeat and personable.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
This belongs in a museum!
<clears>I don’t think it bears repeating ;]</clears>
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Drawing tools, a watch, chamois cloth, bits of string.
GM: Did you get the watch new? Heirloom? Maybe get it from a Dwarven or Gnomish artificer or engineer in R’Ahn’Gorran? Hell there may even be a watch maker in Haven…iono. shrug
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Um actually is probably a very annoying habit to others. I often correct people or but into conversations, because my opinions are right. ;)
Constantly readjusting my glasses on their pearl string.
GM: The pearl string is a nice touch.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Happy if distant. Parents were always helping me learn things but they were so wrapped up in their own projects to be aware of mine. Mom was more supportive and sympathetic, Dad was more distant, tended to lecture both in and out of class, about everything.
GM: At any point did they leave you at school while they went off to do research? I expect you spent quite a few years at the University of Dayluun without leaving the peninsula…or likely the city. Its pretty big anyway…did I mention it has trains? Because they’re trains. Withing the walls of Dayluun the city sprawls out inside the semi-circle. In, roughly, the center there is a pentagonal pillar taller than the walls that takes up about five square miles of the center of the city. Its only 1/20 of the area the walls contain, but substantial none the less. Atop the pillar, along the south, southeast, and southwest sides lies the University of Dayluun that rises up to an additional 15 stories above the top of the pillar.
The center of the pillar is dominated by a five story, domed library containing more knowledge than anywhere else in the world. There are even some documents from before The Shifting. It is said that the twins M, and Daeana were born before The Shifting, but they’re fairly tight lipped fixtures in the city. They have certainly existed since the founding of the City-State sometime in the past millennia or two. (haven’t really decided…but since the differentiation of the fantasy races from a time where only humans were about.) It is also said that the crystalline statue of the man and woman, standing arm in arm, raising fist sized spheres up at the mountains with their outer arms that stands at the northern point of the pentagon were the parents of M and Daeana. As the legend goes they used the power of their stones of destiny or whatever to keeps the raging see in the north from crashing across the southern plains. The southern edge of The World Range does looks like a huge wave frozen just before it breaks.
16. What is your earliest memory?
Mom letting me brush some dirt off of things her team has excavated, only heavy things I wouldn’t be able to destroy.
GM: At what age did you begin formal schooling? Were you one of those students that would come in and out every so often throughout your youth whenever your parents were at the university? Whats the coolest thing you saw excavated?
17. How much schooling have you had?
A lot, Doctorate.
18. Did you enjoy school?
GM: What was your best and worst subjects?
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
School was great but I learned most of my skills in the field while procuring rare and curious artifacts for various clients.
GM: Talk about the projects you’ve been involved in. What interesting gear have you collected…specific weapon or piece of armor. I saw the dragon leather. Where did you get it?
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
My parents, I mostly traveled with them so I didn’t have a lot of time for friends.
GM: Did ya’ll consistently have pets, or was it only that one dog?
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Didn’t see a whole lot of my extended family, too busy travelling from place to place, finding new things.
GM: do you have extended family alive? Where are they? Are there any occasions where you and your parents would meet up with them?
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
GM: I want to see a scene of her between 8 and 10 years old being asked what she wants to be when she grows up. That’d be great!
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Rock climbing, tree climbing, finding neat plants and animals or cool bits of stone and shells or shark teeth at the beach.
GM: Carrick’s daughter is also a precocious youth, and spends a lot of time out in the woods. She’s the Druid/Wizard cross and spends a lot of time out of town exploring the Vale. If you’ve been spending any extended time in Haven or the Vale prior to the start of the game you’ve likely come to know her and Gabriella quite well. Is she someone you have made an extra effort to spend time with, and influence?
Look into Edd Gar, aka “Night Payne”. You may have heard of him in Dayluun, and if you’ve been up in R’Ahn’Gorran in the past few weeks you’ll probably have heard of him. He’ll be arriving in Haven on “Day 1”. Maybe you were up rock climbing in the area and visiting the stunning city?
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
Precocious, curious, and bold in talking to strangers. I was around so many and never got a chance to make real friends so it became a skill to be able to talk to people.
GM: Again, scene of her as a youngster answering the question “what do you want to be when you grow up?” A watercolor/comic book panel would be awesome btw.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
No, I wasn’t popular. I spent so much time with my nose in a book that I was a nerd. I had a few short term friends here and there but mostly they were in my study club. We don’t get to speak much now. I travel so much now that I don’t even really get to date, which is fine with me.
GM: Among the folks you met traveling with your parents how well were you liked? You learned how to deal with strangers. How successful were you? Your charisma isn’t bad. Perhaps you weren’t well known in Dayluun’s academic structure growing up, but how well liked are you among your colleagues? Did you have few friends when you were in formal school because you were unpopular, or because you’re just so used to working by yourself you just don’t seek out others, and only a few others approached you?
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Thomas Quill, in tenth grade, we were studying biology together.
GM: Was it clinical? Also, with moving around so much what does “tenth grade” mean? Elaborate on Thomas. What’s he into? What happened to him?
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
No, I dated Thomas for a while and we had relations right before it ended, but that stopped when I went away to college. In college I dated around, but never wanted to get too attached, too much to do in my life without being tied down.
GM: What about other folks that caught the taste for adventure. There are tons of them around the world, and plenty in Dayluun itself. The Civil Service, or CS is the “police” force in the City-State, but are essentially independent adventuring groups that have been trained, and psychologically evaluated before being state contracts. Needless to say law enforcement is pretty reliable.
Do you want kids eventually? You’re busy now, but do you plan on slowing down and having your own family? Can you improve on how your parents raised you?
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Mostly parental influences and pressures led me to the job I do now, they’re proud that I am a professor, not so happy about the procuring of rare items.
GM: Didn’t your parents procure rare items in their career as well? What about your activities disappoints them? Are they still active? Since they are the biggest influence on you, elaborate on them more.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
GM: Graduation? Finding some rare treasure? Surviving some specific event?
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
GM: Parents, obviously, but was it balanced?
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
GM: Doctoral Thesis? If so, what was it about?
32. What is your greatest regret?
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
GM: As someone who is chaotic, have you upset law enforcement in various areas? What did you do?
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
38. What is your best memory?
39. What is your worst memory?
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
41. What is your greatest fear?
42. What are your religious views?
43. What are your political views?
44. What are your views on sex?
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.) Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
60. How close are you to your family?
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
71. What is your most treasured possession?
72. What is your favorite color?
73. What is your favorite food?
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
78. What makes you laugh?
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
81. How do you deal with stress?
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
83. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
86. What is your greatest weakness?
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
91. Do you like yourself?
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
98. What three words best describe your personality?
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)